Call for Applications for "Straight to Wuzhen" Global Internet Competition 2020
The World Internet Conference is announcing its second "Straight to Wuzhen" Global Internet Competition. Last year, the competition featured an abundance of innovative and prospective projects. The competition now calls on participants from around the world to share their digital economy achievements.
What is the competition?
An important part of the World Internet Conference
A year-long global event for the advancement of the digital economy
A key platform for cooperation on global internet projects, technologies, talents, and investment
What the competition strives for?
To attract more than 1,000 companies and teams with over 1,000 high-quality digital business projects
To create matchmaking opportunities with over 200 investment firms from home and abroad, and attract over 100 overseas talents to start businesses in China
How to participate?
The competition is open to candidates globally with the following requirements:
1. The project should be related to digital economy, including but not limited to the internet of consumption, industries, public administration, key technology service, electronics, culture, and entertainment.
2. The project should be represented by a registered company with registered capital of over 1 million yuan ($142,643.29), with a sound reputation and record.
3. The project team should have more than 10 members and at least one should have a doctoral degree or working experience in senior management in large internet companies.
4. The project should have gained angel investment.
5. Companies should have proprietary intellectual property rights of their projects without infringement or violations of related laws and regulations in patent, copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right. Failure to meet this condition will result in disqualification.
6. Contestants should submit projects and related materials as required and sign a letter of commitment to the accuracy and authenticity of all information submitted. False information will result in immediate disqualification.
7. The organizing committee will publish the final results on the official website of the Conference for public supervision. Contestant who fails to pass the one-month public supervision will be disqualified and the prize, certificate, and award will be revoked.
Deadline for submission:
August 10, 2020
Online application (June–August 10):
Click https://gicreg.wicwuzhen.cn/conf_competition/toLogin to sign up.
Preliminary competition (August):
A total of 100 projects will enter the next phase of regional (industrial) intermediary competition after experts' review.
Regional (Industrial) intermediary competition (mid-August – late September):
Domestic area: A total of 15 projects will be selected from competitions held in five cities, currently Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Chongqing, and Xi'an.
Overseas area: Competitions will be held via online live stream in North America (the United States), Europe (France), and the Asia-Pacific area (Japan) to select nine projects. Excellent projects and their teams can also participate in industrial matchmaking events.
Roadshows will be conducted both online and offline via live broadcasting (for overseas projects) to be reviewed.
The final and awarding ceremony will be held in Wuzhen. Contestants and their projects will be reviewed offline in forms like roadshows and oral defenses for the first, second, and third prizes.
Cyberspace Administration of China
People's Government of Zhejiang Province
Economy and Information Technology Department of Zhejiang Province
Cyberspace Administration of Zhejiang Province
Zhejiang Provincial Department of Science and Technology
Jiaxing Municipal People's Government
Zhejiang Internet Industry Federation:
Zhu Weijuan +86-571-88229050/+86-18657197887
Ye Litao +86-571-85228836/+86-15258837563
Yu Hongru +86-571-85228813/+86-13758148942
Secretariat of World Internet Conference (Zhejiang Office)
Li Ruoheng +86-571-81051272/+86-13819355234
Secretariat of the 2020 "Straight to Wuzhen" Global Internet Competition